The following principles were printed on an A4 sheet of paper, decorated and hung on the fridge. That’s the easy part. The hardest part is for us to genuinely model this attitudes and behaviours.
Guidelines in our home
- Love God with your whole heart, mind & soul.
- Love your neighbour (including your brother/sister) as yourself.
- Always consider what Jesus would do.
- You are not allowed to hurt anyone or anything (and that includes feelings).
- Dad and Mum have the right to change the “rules” at any time they feel it is beneficial for the best interests of the family.
- If you take it out, put it away unless someone else wants to use it. If so, they will put it away.
- YOU are responsible for your own behaviour.
- Everything in Life is an Opportunity. You can prove yourself worthy or unworthy by how you conduct yourself.
- Taking care of your Responsibilities (without being told) shows great maturity and integrity. Showing great maturity and integrity leads to trust in more areas. Trust in more areas leads to increased privileges. (Refer to last rule.)
- Don’t look at your problems. Look at your possible solutions.
- Don’t ever forget how much you are LOVED!