To see previous months, please use the menu to the right. I will post a new 4 week plan every Sunday.
* Bible references are in the ESV. You may, of course, use the version of your choice.
- for use with the family
- 52 weeks of the year
- 6 days a week
- short time needed each day
- weekly memory verse
But your hearts must be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his descrees and obey his commands, as at this time.
- 1 Kings 4:29-34 Solomon’s Wisdom
- 1 Kings 6 Building the Temple **
- 1 Kings 8: 1-21 Bringing in the Ark
- 1 Kings 8:22-24, 54-61 Prayer of Dedication
- 1 Kings 9:1-9 The Lord appears to Solomon
- 1 Kings 12:1-17 Israel rebels
**Note: Younger children may benefit from limiting the text to 1 Kings 6:1-6 and 1 Kings 6: 37,38
You shall not forget the covenant that I have made with you. You shall not fear other gods, but you shall fear the Lord your God, and he will deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies.
~2 Kings 17:38-39
- 1 Kings 17 Elijah, Prophet of Israel
- 1 Kings 18:1-16 Elijah and Obadiah
- 1 Kings 18:17-46 Elijah on Mount Carmel
- 2 Kings 2:1-15 Elijah taken up to heaven
- 2 Kings 5: 1-14 Elisha’s Miracle
- 2 Kings 17: 1-23 The Last King of Israel
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
~1 Chronicles 16:34
- 2 Kings 22:1-13 The Book of the Law is found
- 2 Kings 22:14 — 23:3 Josiah renews the Covenant
- 1 Chronicles 17:1-15 God’s Promise to David
- 1 Chronicles 17:16-27 David’s Prayer
- 2 Chronicles 20:1-12 King Jehoshaphat’s Prayer
- 2 Chronicles 20:13-30 Jehoshaphat defeats Moab and Ammon **See note**
**Note: Younger children may benefit from limiting the text to 2 Chronicles 20:13-17 and verses 26-30
And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the Lord, “For he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever toward Israel.”
- 2 Chronicles 30:1-9 Invitation to the Passover
- 2 Chronicles 30:10-27 The Passover Celebration
- 2 Chronicles 32:1-23 Sennacherib threatens Jerusalem **See note**
- 2 Chronicles 32:24-33 Hezekiah’s Life
- 2 Chronicles 36:15-23 The Fall of Jerusalem
- Ezra 1 The Exiles Return
**Note: Younger children may benefit from limiting the text to 2 Chronicles 32:1-8 and 2 Chronicles 32:1-23
To learn more about how we did Bible study you can read through our 4 step process page using the anagram IDEA: Introduce, Dig Deeper, Elaborate and Application.