I’m going to start a new Bible study… and I thought some other women might like to join me. I am super excited to start. Want to join me?
By Nancy Guthrie. This is a ten-week Bible study through the book of Genesis oriented specifically for what Genesis has to show us about who Christ will be and why he will come. There are weekly lessons, including discussion questions. Participants could either respond on their own blog or here in the comment section. Click here to download a pdf sample of the study.
I love the Old Testament. I’ve studied for several years now and I always learn new (new to me) things with every reading. Last year I did another Bible study called Taking the Old Testament Challenge by Judson Poling and it was fantastic… so I just know this one is also going to be excellent.
The weeks or chapters of this study are:
- The Road to Emmaus (Luke 24)
- Creation (Genesis 1:1-2:3)
- The Fall (Genesis 2:4-3:24)
- Noah and the Flood (Genesis 6-9)
- The Tower of Babel (Genesis 10:1-12:3)
- Abraham (Genesis 12-15)
- Abraham and Isaac (Genesis 16-24)
- Jacob (Genesis 25:19-35:21)
- Joseph (Genesis 37-50)
- The Sons of Jacob (Genesis 29-30, 34-35, 38-39, 48-49)
Who is Nancy Guthrie?
Nancy and her husband, David, and son, Matt, make their home in Nashville, Tennessee where Nancy occasionally teaches at her church, Christ Presbyterian Church, along with speaking at conferences around the country and internationally. She is currently pursuing graduate studies at Covenant Theological Seminary through their distance education program. Visit her website to learn more.
- You will have to purchase the book but Amazon has the Kindle version for under $10. Alternatively, Word and Koorong also have the book and/or ebook for a good price.
- This study uses the English Standard Version and the New Living Translation. Available freely online.
- Nancy Guthrie is from the Reformed/Protestant perspective
- Term 2 starts on the 23rd April… so you’ve got a few weeks to purchase the book and get ready. 🙂