I’d like to be able to say that we all sprung out of bed at 5.15am to take Stef to the airport so she could go back home. But in reality, I sprang out of bed and had to drag everyone else out of bed! However, we did get out of the house on time so all was good. John and the boys dropped us (the girls) at the airport so we could wave goodbye while he took the boys a few kilometres down the road to a small aviation museum.

John and 'Master C'

After seeing Stef safely on the plane, we headed a few hours down the coast to go to the beach. We stopped at Surfer’s Paradise and did a little shopping and then we went to Main Beach and caught some rollicking waves. We had a great time, although the girls and I did get sunburnt. Why is it that we, who use sunscreen, do get sunburnt and the other’s don’t?

The beach!

Then we headed to another beach which was quieter and less waves as we *thought* ‘Master C’ would have more fun there, but he didn’t: he preferred the other place although he didn’t venture in very far.

Pondering...beach and bad hair

Riding the waves does NOT make for a good hair day!!!

All this led me to thinking about life…some people like to go on all the roller coaster rides; they go from one to another and they have such fun. (I used to be like this when I was younger) but there are other people who really do like the merry-go-round; they are happy, content and filled with fun at that. I used to wonder how that could be (I loved the scary, fast-paced rides) but as I’m getting older, and having more responsibility in life, I find that I’m extremely happy and content to go on the merry-go-round. I simply don’t need to go on the fast-paced rides anymore. ‘Master C’ is like that. While the other children are trying to tell him what he ‘is missing’, he just doesn’t see it that way. I think that is beautiful. Life is like that, isn’t it?

Anyway, we went from there to another shopping centre and had a stroll around (had one of the best cappuccino?s I’ve ever had!) and then we started to drive back…we pulled in and had tea, which ‘Miss A’ had prepared earlier (Chicken Caesar Salad) and then we went to the Drive-In. We love the Drive-In, although there aren’t very many around nowadays. We actually hunted this one down and planned the whole day around it. We backed our van in and got ourselves all set up to watch Happy Feet and Night at the Museum. While we didn’t really enjoy either of the movies, we thoroughly enjoyed our time together as a family. Being out and about from 6am until 1.30am certainly left us all very tired the next day, although I managed to stay up long enough to catch the tennis.

Argh HSB is not allowing me to post piccies at the moment so here is the URL of us at the Drive-In. The photo isn’t great because it was pitch black and I couldn’t see what I was taking a photo of!

Now, it’s back to normality. John is at work, ‘Miss A’ is at work, ‘Miss R’ is at school and it is the boys and I home today! I have some jobs to do which will take most of the day but I will do some Bible study, reading aloud and maths with the boys before heading out for softball training tonight.

Family…I’m so fortunate and blessed to have a wonderful family!