Tuna Lasagne (Healthy, Australian version)
- 6 spring onions
- 2 carrots, finely sliced
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 TB chopped parsley
- 425gm tin tuna, drained and flaked
- 140gm tomato paste, mixed with 1/4 cup water
Mix all filling ingredients together.
- 600ml cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 125 gms of instant lasagne noodle sheets or 1 pkt of fresh lasagne noodles
- 2 cups grated tasty cheese
Mix cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg together. Spoon 2-4 TB of it onto base of lasagne dish. Cover with a layer of lasagne sheets. Spread half the filling over the lasagne sheets. Top with half the remaining cream mix, then sprinkle over some cheese.
Put another layer of lasagne on top, spread with remaining filling, then cream, then remaining cheese.
Bake in a moderate oven for 50 minutes.
Serve with a salad and crusty bread.