Our goal in studying the Bible is that we may know God…that we may know the mind of Christ…that we may be transformed by the power of the gospel, and to grow a Christian world-view.
Below are some of our family’s goals. Have you considered your own goals for your family? They will probably look different to our goals, and that’s the way it should be. I list our goals to give you ideas, in case you have not reflected on this as yet.
- Read through the Bible twice in the years while they are at home with us.
- To memorise key verses. (Hide the word in our hearts)
- To read key books of the Bible several times – develop a lifetime habit of studying the Bible.
- To learn how to use resource tools-to use study materials such as, concordances, lexicons, and dictionaries.
- To learn the flow of biblical history and geography.
- Learn from Proverbs and practical wisdom.
- Learn about the life of Christ and develop a relationship with Him.
- To learn about the story of God’s kingdom on earth- the history of the church.
- Become hears and doers of the Word!
- To learn the fundamental truths of who God is, and what He has done and therefore, what he requires.
This is what the LORD says: “Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD.