This is doing the rounds on Facebook but it’s too good not to share. Not one word of it is mine but I don’t know it’s original source. It’s a good word picture to share with your children.
Girls are like apples…the best ones are at the top of the trees. The boys don’t want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples that are on the ground that aren’t as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think there is something wrong with them, when, in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right boy to come along, the one who’s brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree…
Isn’t that encouraging? It made my day to read it. 😉
Now we’re going to talk about what it means to be an apple on the top of the tree. I’m going to list some qualities that I think are important:
- Must honour both God and her Christian brothers in what she wears and how she acts
- Respects her mother and father
- Doesn’t put others down by her words, but builds them up so that they can join her at the top of the tree
- Is patient when things don’t go her way (working on this…)
- Understands that her purity is not a thing to give away freely, but a priceless gift addressed only to her future husband
- Understands the difference between vanity and looking pretty.
- Love the Lord her God with all her mind, heart, soul, and strength, and will not let anything get between them.
Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
I’m praying that this generation of girls can make a difference and show people that we know what’s important: loving God, and living a life energized by that love.